In October of each year, organizations across the country take part in National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). NDEAM is a national campaign that focuses on educating the American population of the employment issues that arise for individuals with disabilities. It is also an ideal time of the year to celebrate the varied contributions individuals with disabilities offer to our communities. The 2019 NDEAM theme is “The Right Talent, Right Now”. Phoenix asks that as you explore new positions within your organization, you consider the value that can be added by employing a person with a disability.
Beginning in September, Phoenix has sponsored and/or partnered with other organizations to bring a line-up of events supporting the employment for individuals with disabilities. We hope that you are able to join us!
- September 19th Phoenix sponsors the Rotaract Club of Huntsville’s Prom Project hosted at Huntsville Botanical Gardens.
- September 28th Phoenix sponsors the USA Patriots softball team (formerly known as the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team) as they take on Madison Academy and Redstone Arsenal teams.
- Throughout the month of October, Phoenix will appear on Impact with Kenny Anderson and will have a Public Service Announcement airing on local radio stations highlighting Phoenix’s mission and its support of the National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- October 1st Phoenix hosts a Proclamation reading from the City, signed by Mayor Battle, declaring October NDEAM in Huntsville, AL.
- October 9th Phoenix sponsors the Decatur Governor’s Committee Awards Luncheon.
- October 10th Phoenix’s President/CEO, David Perez, will speak at the Huntsville City Council meeting highlighting Phoenix’s mission and its support of the National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- October 13th Phoenix will appear on the 2nd Chance Radio program
- October 18th Phoenix will sponsor the Huntsville Governor’s Committee Awards Breakfast.
- October 18th Phoenix will host a panel discussion updating the community and legislative leaders on Employment Challenges Facing People with Disabilities
- October 23rd and 24th Phoenix will partake in the Boeing Disabilities Fair to assist in connecting individuals with disabilities with current job openings.
- October 23rd Phoenix, in conjunction with SourceAmerica, sponsors AbilityOne Appreciation Day at Redstone Arsenal to honor AbilityOne employees for their service to Team Redstone.